- Digital serial bus communication with low speed data over a single line, Both signaling and driving power over a same single signal.
- Protocol used in small inexpensive devices. Such as digital thermometer, weather instruments, laptop sub module, authenticate system and some cell phone battery packs.
- Always master only initiates the communication and in overall in charge of the network.
- Bus communicates with master and slave at a low data rate of 12kbps.
- All terminals in the network are communicating by half-duplex mode.
- Maximum of 255 nodes in each 1-wire network
- Each data transaction will start with 480micro second low RESET pulse.
Features of node
- Each 1-Wire slave has a unique 64-bit serial number that acts as its node address, which is stored in its ROM the 64 bit serial number again divided in to 3 groups.
- The first byte stores the 8-bit family codes that identify the device type, which can be master or Slave.
- The next six bytes store a customizable 48-bit individual address, device to be individually selected from among many that can be connected to the same 1- wire bus.
- The last byte, the most significant byte (MSB), contains a CRC of a value based on data of first seven bytes.
- All nodes will respond to a master on reception of RESET pulse.
- Process Control Industries
- Industrial Automation
- Operating Temperature: -0°C to +50°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- 90% Relative Humidity (Non-condensing)